Monday, December 29, 2008

WOW!

So I have to say I have not been good about posting on this blog. I promise to work at that and get better at updating! So this was my first Christmas away from home:( It was hard but I am very blessed to have an Aunt and Uncle who live near by that I was able to spend the holiday with. Well the canyon is not used to getting a lot of snow and we got its just before Christmas. We had a few bad snow storms come through and most of us (interns) drove through one to get out of the Canyon for the holiday! We all made it safely to our destinations that night with lots of prayer! I felt kind of at home with all the snow and cold weather. The sad part is it has all melted. It was 57 degrees in the canyon on Sunday. We now have lots of mud! But life here is good. I am excited for everyone to return from their vacations and hear all about them. We have been working hard the last few weeks and have another group coming in tomorrow for New Years. After that the whole staff of the camp and their families are going to a retreat at Canon Beach! I can't wait! It will be a great time of refreshing and fellowship as a staff and body of believers. Well, I will post pictures when I return from the retreat! Our God is an awesome God! Miss you all!

Love ya!

1 comment:

jmisch said...

Hi Janelle!

Sorry to have missed your call over Christmas. We had lots of family gatherings as I'm sure you can imagine. Tim's family came over on christmas eve, we went to Jodi's in Palatine on Christmas day, and then we were at Krista's house across town the Sunday after Christmas. The kids of course had an awesome christmas although I personally think they got too much stuff. Believe it or not I cleaned out the play room a bit and took a round of toys to goodwill. Unfortunately I think a few more rounds are still in order. Skyler's favorite toy was a barbie handheld learning game, Mason's was all the star wars guys Tim bought him, and Logan's of course were his new matchbox cars! Unfortunately this past week Mason and Skyler took turns getting the flu and are just now recovering. As a result your christmas card/package is going to be a bit belated. Not that I would've sent it out before Christmas, but I really thought it'd be in the mail before now. Just something to look forward to I guess?!! Anyway, hope you had a great New Year's - keep in touch!

Juli